Child #4, Lady Isabel and the Elf Knight is kicking my butt. I love this ballad! So did Child, apparently, since he felt the need to write 30 pages of notes about it in contrast to the three paragraphs he wrote about The False Knight on the Road. In the interest of keeping with the weekly updates and of keeping the posts to a reasonable size, I think I will divide this one into two parts: one on the the English and Scottish variations that Child published and another about his notes on versions of the story from other countries.
The first should be up tomorrow morning and I’ll have the second one up next week.
Child Ballad Related Links
- @nataliesurely The Scarecrow in "The Wizard of Oz" was a Stepford wife? I'm missing something here. 22 hours ago
- @realDonaldTrump By doing what? Quoting your previous tweets? 5 days ago
- @DonaldJTrumpJr @realDonaldTrump The president never gets a pass. That’s part of the job. 1 week ago
- @DonaldJTrumpJr The election is over. Your dad is supposed to be demonstrating why he deserved to win now. Who sh… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- @kestrelrising Snopes says no: snopes.com/is-the-trump-a… 2 weeks ago
- banished man beheading betrayal boar child childbirth courtship deception demon devil disguise elf fairies giant Heer Halewijn i know you are but what am i incest invasion king knight lady lion magic magic rings makes inner feminist angry makes inner feminist happy marriage messed up family dynamics mother in law murder mutilation old woman outlaw poison pregnancy princess riddles robber Roland romance schoolboy serial killer Sir Egrabell Sir Lyonell Sir Ryalas sir walter scott sisters strange agricultural methods suicide supernatural teenager tragedy very long engagement wax baby Where's Chris Hansen when you need him? wild boar witches